King Salman: International community must confront perpetrators of attacks on oil facilities
King Salman of Saudi Arabia called on the international community to confront those responsible for the attack on the country’s oil facilities during the weekend and “shoulder its responsibility to condemn the perpetrators.”
The state-run media in Saudi Arabia reported that the king said during the cabinet meeting on Sunday that his country is capable of defending itself against such “cowardly attacks.”
The government of Saudi Arabia once again underlined that the attacks against Aramco on Saturday were done with Iranian weapons.
The Iran-backed Houthis of Yemen have accepted responsibility for the attack, but US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says Iran is responsible for the attack.
In the past, it was revealed that Iran provides Houthis weapons, drones, and equipment and supports them financially.
The foreign minister of Kuwait has called on the country’s military forces to be on alert. He also stated that his country stands with Saudi Arabia against the perpetrators of the attacks on Saturday.
Le Drian, the foreign minister of France says his country so far has no proof of where the drones originated.
Chancellor Merkel of Germany has announced that the ban on selling weapons to Saudi Arabia continues. She says this decision is based on the event in Yemen, and that she does not “see any reason for the government to change its position.”