Dominic Raab: “Entirely Implausible” to Say Houthis Were Behind Attack on Saudis
The foreign minister of Britain Dominic Raab says that based on the evidence, Houthis claiming the attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities are “implausible” for him.
Raab told BBC World on Sunday: “From the information I have seen, I find it entirely implausible and lacking in credibility to suggest that those attacks came from Houthi rebels.”
“Before we attribute responsibility, I want to be absolutely crystal clear, because that will mean the action that we take can be as robust and as widely supported as possible,” Raab said.
Previously, the French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian had also said that Houthis’ claim of responsibility for the attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities lacks credibility.
Le Drian said that French investigators have been deployed to the scene and “an international investigation is in progress, so we will wait for its result.”
While London and Paris are yet to express an opinion about the main suspect of these attacks, Washington and Riyadh have officially accused Iran.
The Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia officially accused the Islamic Republic of attacking the Saudi oil facilities in a press conference, claiming: “The attacks on Aramco did not come from Yemen, but from the North and we will prove it.”
The Islamic Republic officials deny these allegations.
President Rouhani has claimed that the attacks were “legitimate defense” of Yemenis against the attacks by Saudis and their allies.
In his first reaction to these attacks, Hossein Salami, the commander in chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said: “Today, we are so powerful that our enemies are forced to blame us, even falsely, for any incident that occurs.”