Bahaa Hariri: Hezbollah and Lebanese government responsible for Beirut explosion | Iran International

Bahaa Hariri: Hezbollah and Lebanese government responsible for Beirut explosion

Bahaa Hariri, the son of the former prime minister of Lebanon blames Hezbollah and the “corrupt” government of Lebanon for the Beirut explosion.

Hariri stated: “Everyone in the city knows that Hezbollah controls Beirut airport and harbor.

However, in his first TV speech since the explosion, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah denied the group’s role in the incident and claimed that Hezbollah has no weapons depot in that location.

“The investigations will reveal the truth about the Beirut explosion. Any claim about Hezbollah controlling the Beirut harbor is a lie,” Nasrallah said.

The Hassan Nasrallah asked for the investigation to be led by the Lebanese army and said: No one should have immunity, there should be no secrets. Beirut explosion is a national incident and it must not become politicized.”

The leader of the Hezbollah militia, which is designated as a terrorist organization in the U.S, U.K, and Germany, said the Beirut explosion is an incident that cannot be forgotten or ignored.

Alma Research and Education Center in Israel had previously identified at least 28 new missile sites in Beirut that belong to Hezbollah and announced that these missile sites are usually in the heart of the residential area, near restaurants, hospitals, and schools.

 

Iran in Brief
As Iran grapples with a fourth Covid wave, President Hassan Rouhani says vaccinations are a high priority, but there is no outlook for acquring a large quantity.More
The spokesperson for Iran’s coronavirus taskforce says vaccinations for all groups will be free of charge, contradicting his previous announcementMore
The UN's IAEA and Iran have talks aimed at obtaining explanations from Tehran on the origin of uranium traces it found at undeclared locations in IranMore
Iran’s Minister of Intelligence Mahmoud Alavi has contracted the coronavirus and is in quarantine t his home, Ruydad 24 news website reported on...More
Iran's former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Security chiefs should be prosecuted for negligence over the April 11 sabotage at Iran’s Natanz nuclear site.More