Admiral Malloy: Iran not drawing back threatening military posture | Iran International

Admiral Malloy: Iran not drawing back threatening military posture

Reuters: Admiral James Malloy, commander of the United States Naval Forces Central Command in Bahrain says Iran has not drawn back its threatening military posture in the region after the attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities.

“I don’t believe that they’re drawing back at all,” Vice Admiral Jim Malloy said in an interview.

The United States, Saudi Arabia, Britain, France, and Germany have publicly blamed the attack on Iran. The Islamic Republic denies any involvement in the strike on the world’s biggest crude oil-processing facility (Aramco) in Saudi Arabia. The Iran-backed Houthi Shia militant group in Yemen has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Malloy said he regularly tracks Iranian cruise and ballistic missile movements — “whether they’re moving to storage, away from storage.” He also monitors whether Iran’s minelaying capabilities head to distribution sites or away from them.

“I get a briefing of movements on a daily basis and then assessments as to what that could mean,” Malloy said.

Relations between the United States and Iran have deteriorated sharply since President Donald Trump pulled out of the Iran nuclear accord last year and reimposed sanctions on its oil exports.

For months, Iranian officials issued veiled threats, saying that if Tehran were blocked from exporting oil, other countries would not be able to do so either.

 

 

Iran in Brief
The UK government said on Sept 20 that Britain would "not rest" until all its dual nationals being held in Iran were returned home.More
President Ebrahim Raisi’s vice president in women’s affairs has refused to support an age limit in child marriage, a controversial issue in Iran.More
In first news about detained Iranian dissident rap singer Toomaj, Iran International has learned that was arrested by the intelligence ministry.More
Jordian and Syrian defense ministers have met for the first time in a decade, as Amman remains concerned over the presence of Iran-backed forces near its border.More
Iran’s defense minister General Mohammad-Reza Ashtiani referring to Israel has called threats made against Iran “rants by enemies” vowing that Iran will defend itself.More