Fire at Natanz nuclear facilities in Iran a few days after Parchin explosion | Iran International

Fire at Natanz nuclear facilities in Iran a few days after Parchin explosion

Less than a week after the explosion at the Parchin nuclear/military-industrial zone, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran reported a new “incident” at Natanz nuclear facilities and said there were no casualties.

Kamalvandi announced that on Thursday, there was an incident in “one of the under-construction buildings in Natanz site.” He added that the incident has not hurt the ongoing activities of the Natanz nuclear site.

He went on to assure the reporters that there is no concern about a leak and pollution. Kamalvandi said the inspectors are on the site of the incident but did not offer any more details about the nature of the incident.

The governor of Natanz however, told the regime’s Tasnim News that the incident was a fire and it had no casualties.

Natanz nuclear site is in Isfahan province and is considered to be one of the most important nuclear sites in Iran. Previously, the site was infected with the Stuxnet virus which delayed Iran’s nuclear program.

Some Iranian officials have not rejected the possibility of sabotage, due to the fact the only last week another nuclear/military site in Iran, Parchin, witnessed a massive explosion.

Iran International's research shows that the image published by Iran’s Atomic Energy organization is from an old office building in Natanz site and it is not under construction.

An unknown group which identified itself as “Homeland’s Cheetahs” has accepted responsibility for the incident.

Some Iranian officials have accused Israel of causing the incident.

 

Iran in Brief
Islamic Republic's Fars News Agency has confirmed the reports about the assassination of two Lebanese citizens in Tehran's Pasdaran Street. The...More
The chairman of Tehran Chamber of Commerce announced that according to the Central Bank reports, in the past nine years $98.4 billion capital has...More
Robert Bauer, former CIA agent assigned to the Middle East says based on the videos, ammonium nitrate was not the only cause of explosion in Beirut...More
The spokesperson for Iran’s Ministry of Health announced that in the past 24 hours, 2697 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been identified and 185...More
The director of Iran’s emergency services announced that 1900 personnel of the emergency services have contracted coronavirus and four of them have...More