CENTCOM commander: Iran’s threat is imminent | Iran International

CENTCOM commander: Iran’s threat is imminent

 

General Frank McKenzie, the commander of the United States’ Central Command says that Iran’s threats have not stopped, and these threats are imminent.

On Thursday, General McKenzie told the reporters that he is still concerned about Iran’s threat.

According to McKenzie, although Iran was forced to “step back and recalculate” after preparing for an attack against American forces in the Persian Gulf and the resulting deployment of an aircraft carrier and bombers to the region by the United States, its threats remain imminent and strengthening American military power in the region continues. "It is my assessment that this has caused the Iranians to back up a little bit, but I'm not sure they are strategically backing down,” says the general.

According to McKenzie, the United States is trying to show enough power without provoking Iran.

Last month, the U.S. deployed an aircraft carrier and a bombers task force to the Middle East due to what the government called escalating indications and warnings from Iran.

 

 

 

 

Iran in Brief
Us Secretary of State is not planning to meet with Iran's foreign minister next week during the UN General Assembly in New York.More
Israeli media report that the country is not willing to act to stop Iranian fuel shipments to Lebanon brokered by Hezbollah.More
Iran says it has been accepted as a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Friday’s summit held in Tajikistan’s capital Dushanbe.More
Iran's President raisi will not fly to New York for the UN General Assembly. Instead he will deliver his speech via video link. He is under US sanctions.More
Iran's foreign ministry says, Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan have held talks on Afghanistan prior to and during the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit in DushanbeMore