US Military Commander tells Iran to be ‘very cautious’ | Iran International

US Military Commander tells Iran to be ‘very cautious’

The US Joint Chiefs chairman General Mark Milley told lawmakers in Washington on Wednesday that Iran should be “very very cautious” following the recent spate of attacks on US targets in Iraq, according to Military Times.

He was referring to nine attacks that have rocked U.S. installations and interests in Iraq including the 3 December rocket attack that hit al-Asad airbase, which have been blamed on Iran.

 “We are in a period of heightened risk with respect to Iran,” Gen. Mark Milley told lawmakers, adding that “restraint in this particular situation is an appropriate response.”

Milley’s comments came as a response to a question by Republican Rep. Don Bacon, who asked him and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper: “When is enough enough on Iran? When is our restraint being interpreted by them as weakness?"

“The ball is in the Iranian court. How they respond and the size and scope of that response will determine a U.S. answer’’, Milley said.

Nearly 14,000 additional American troops have been deployed to the Middle East over the last six months.

Three protesters under death sentence met with their attorneys

The attorneys of Amir Hossein Moradi, Saeed Tamjidi, and Mohammad Rajabi, the three young protesters that were sentenced to death for participating in the last year’s November Protests were allowed to meet with them in Tehran prison.

Babak Paknia, the attorney of the three announced on his Twitter page that he met with the prisoners along with the other attorney, Mostafa Nili, and they were in good spirits.

 

Two Lebanese citizens were killed in Tehran

Islamic Republic's Fars News Agency has confirmed the reports about the assassination of two Lebanese citizens in Tehran's Pasdaran Street. The eyewitnesses say the father and daughter were shot to death in their car by an assailant on a motorcycle.

Tehran’s Chamber of Commerce: $98 billion capital has left Iran in the past 9 years

The chairman of Tehran Chamber of Commerce announced that according to the Central Bank reports, in the past nine years $98.4 billion capital has been taken out of the country.

Khansari stated that on average each year $11 billion has been taken out of the country.

 

Former CIA agent: There was military ammunition at the explosion site in Beirut

Robert Bauer, former CIA agent assigned to the Middle East says based on the videos, ammonium nitrate was not the only cause of explosion in Beirut.

In an interview with CNN, Bauer said he believes that there were military ammunition and explosives at the site of the explosion, but it is not clear whose.

He stated that it was clearly a military explosion and that the initial explosion was caused by the ammunition, before the second and bigger blast.

Bauer added that nobody would accept that military explosives were being kept at the port. It is a stupid thing to do.

Ministry of Health: 185 deaths of coronavirus in the past 24 hours

The spokesperson for Iran’s Ministry of Health announced that in the past 24 hours, 2697 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been identified and 185 patients passed away from coronavirus. This brings the official death toll of coronavirus in Iran to 17802.